If you’ve ever sat around on the weekends wondering if Marshalltown has anything going on this post is FOR YOU! Here are all the great events, classes, concerts, and activities going on in Marshalltown this upcoming weekend, December 16-17. Did we miss anything? Leave a note in the comments or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add it to our list!
Saturday, December 16th
- 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM – Breakfast with Santa at the Marshalltown Hy-vee with a coloring station, cookies, and letters to write to the North Pole.
- 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM – Train Display at the Marshalltown Public Library The Central Iowa Modular Railroad club will have a train display set up in the library’s meeting rooms.
- 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Free Kids Open Art Studio from the Central Iowa Art Association. Families with children of all ages are invited to the studio the first 3 Saturday’s of each month! See what the art center has to offer, use it’s supplies, create! Make a mess! Have Fun! Instructor Kimberly Curley.
- 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Jump for Joy at Let’s Play Bounce. Every child who brings in a new, unwrapped toy to donate to the Marshalltown Salvation Army will receive free admission until noon. You can also sign up to win door prizes! Santa will also be present.
- 10:15 AM – A special train-themed Story-time at the Marshalltown Public Library. A train storytime featuring stories, songs, & fingerplays will be held in the Blue Activity Room, in honor of the model train display, available for anyone to view in the large meeting room this weekend. Storytime is geared toward ages 3-6 years (but open to any child who would enjoy an interactive storytime experience.) Storytime is free; no pre-registration is needed.
- 11:45 AM – Elk’s Hoop Shoot – The Elks Hoop Shoot at the MHS Roundhouse, funded by the Elks National Foundation, is a free throw contest for children ages 8 to 13. For more information, contact the Lodge Elks Hoop Shoot Director at elks.org/hoopshoot. This event is free.
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM – Pokemon League at Empire Anime
- 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM – YMCA Free Basketball Clinic – Grades 3-4, 12-1:30 p.m. Grades 5-6, 1:30-3 p.m. No registration required.
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Santa visiting Read a Book Nook. 103 E Linn St., Marshalltown, Iowa 50158
- 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM – Patron Appreciation Day at the Fiddle & Whistle – Fiddle & Whistle will open at NOON to offer customers a Bloody Mary bar and complimentary soup!
- 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM – Bob Dorr and the Blue Band’s Blue Christmas concert at the Orpheum
- 7:30 PM – Elf, Jr. The Musical through Marshalltown Community Theater
- 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM – Dan Whitson Acoustic at Iowa River Brewing Company.
Sunday, December 17th
- 10:15 AM – 11:15 – A Children’s Christmas Musical at Faith Baptist Church. First Baptist Church FBC Children present this fun, upbeat musical that centers around a character Jane Blonde who is an investigative reporter for a newspaper looking for the facts about Christmas. Join us and receive a blessing this Christmas!
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM – Train Display at the Marshalltown Public Library The Central Iowa Modular Railroad club will have a train display set up in the library’s meeting rooms.
- 2:00 PM – Another showing of Elf, Jr. The Musical.
- 4:30 PM – Holiday Singalong at the Tremont. This is on Sunday, December 17th at 4:30 by reservation only! It is a prefix 4 course dinner and everyone sings in between courses. A great way to get into the holiday spirit! Make your reservation by calling 641.752.1234 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.