I can save you money this Christmas. In fact, I can probably make you money this Christmas. Friends, I’m not foolin’. In fact, I never joke about money so know this is 100% legit.
I know how joyful the holidays can be but, at least for me, there’s always some bit of stress about the loads of money that will be spent over special meals, holiday entertaining, activities over Christmas break, travel expenses, and, of course, Christmas gifts. Those extra expenses are all part of making the holidays special (although if I’m being honest, I probably didn’t need that giant snowflake decoration that hangs in one of my windows) and we know so much of that extra spend is inevitable anyway so why stress?
This post is meant to help alleviate some of that financial burden and, more importantly, that worry that can accompany the holiday season. These tools I’ll share can save you money and, if you act now on some of these offers, you’ll even make money this Christmas. This isn’t a sales pitch, though, moms. I’m just sharing some tools that really work for me and that I use to pocket some extra cash (so I can buy things like giant snowflakes).
Rebate Apps and Websites
I use this app for groceries like food and wine/spirits, which is perfect for holiday celebrations.
It’s as easy as this:
- You download the app on your phone.
- Shop til you drop at many of your favorite grocery chains.
- Check the app to see if there are rebates for what you’ve bought and select the items you bought that match cashback rebates. TIP: Right now Checkout51 is offering $.25 for any brand turkey.
- Upload your receipt to the app by taking a photo on your phone. You can upload one receipt/week.
- MAKE MONEY. They’ll send you a check after you’ve reached $20.00 in cash back.
OR – if you’re a super saver, check the app before you shop to see what they are offering for cashback that week and then specifically shop for those items. I don’t usually have the time to check the app beforehand but this is a killer way to make back a portion of your grocery bill.
I usually earn anywhere between $.25-$2.50 each shopping trip which I figure isn’t a bad return given that it only takes me 5 minutes to check the app and upload my receipt afterwards. A quarter here and there doesn’t seem like a ton of money but it all adds up. Trust me! Before you know it, you’ll have $20.00 in cashback and you’ll get a surprise check in the mail! I don’t keep track of how much money I have in my account so it’s like a special surprise every time a cashback check comes in the mail.
Ibotta works much in the same way as Checkout 51 but they also have cash back for other things in addition to food. For example, currently they’re offering 3% cash back on Amazon Beauty purchases or 5% cash back on a jet.com purchase.
Right now Ibotta is offering a special promotion for new sign-ups. Use this link: https://ibotta.com/r/bbbzya and get a $10 welcome bonus when you sign up and redeem your first offer. I can’t think of an easier way to earn an extra $10!
Ebates is a browser extension that offers great rebates for purchases you’re already planning on making. Right now they’re offering 3% cash back on any purchase from Kohls or 1.0% cash back from Walmart. This is how it works:
- Download the browser extension to your computer (handy since I do a lot of Christmas shopping on my computer) or the app on your phone.
- Shop ’til you drop.
- If that store is available for cash back you’ll see a little box pop-up in the corner of the screen and you can activate the offer by simply clicking on the button (or activate the offer on your phone).
- Go through the normal check out process online.
- MAKE MONEY! Your account will be credited the cashback. They send, what they call, “big fat checks” every 3 months.
They are also offering rebates now for shopping in store. The process involves your credit card and I haven’t yet dabbled with that part of the app.
Right now Ebates is also offering $10 for joining and shopping. EASY! Just click this button below to join.
Automatic Couponing and Lowest-Price Tools
Honey is a browser extension that automatically finds coupons for you at checkout on thousands of websites. It’s this easy:
- Go to: Honey, join, and download the browser extension.
- Go to a website where you want to do some shopping.
- If you’re on a shopping site that Honey supports, you will see the Honey icon on your browser turn orange.
- Then click the button and you’ll see the offers available.
- Click on the offer you like and you’ll automatically see the coupon codes.
OR – if you have some time you can go directly to the Stores section on the Honey site and search for stores before you do your shopping to see who is offering the best discount.
Invisible Hand is a browser extension that shows you when there are lower prices on the product, flight, hotel, or rental car you’re looking for and gives you a link to the lowest price automatically! It’s so easy!
- Just visit the website and download the browser app.
- When you’re looking at item to buy you’ll see a yellow bar pop up on the top of your screen which indicates it’s found the item at other places.
- Click the “Compare prices” link and you’ll automatically see the prices at other retailers. You can click right on the information to be redirected to the retailer.
So there you have it! I hope you’re on your way to saving money this holiday season and all through out the year. I’d also love to know if you have any apps or tools you use to save you money. Feel free to comment here or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org